Pilgrims News: Erasmus+ 2016
Teachers in EU countries can apply for funding for their Pilgrims Teacher Training courses through Erasmus+ and it's not as complicated as you might think. Here's what to do in nice easy to understand stages.
The deadlines change according to country and are approaching fast, so you need to contact your National Erasmus+ Agency (links below) to find out when the deadline in your country is.
Many teachers applied last year and were successful – so don't let a bit of paperwork and some effort put you off the unique experience you can enjoy at Pilgrims this summer!
What is Erasmus+?
Erasmus+ replaces all previous actions from the EU such as Comenius, Grundtvig, Leonardo and many more. The Erasmus+ programme is intended to support activities in education, training, youth and sport in all sectors of lifelong learning (Higher Education, Further Education, adult education, schools, youth activities etc). There is now much more money available for training teachers and it is vital you make your head of school aware of this opportunity as you will have to apply through your school.
You should apply through Erasmus + Action 1
We have already heard of schools that have received extra funding for applying for Erasmus+ grants for their teachers – so it is good for your school – as well as you!
Who can apply?
Erasmus+ is available to a wide range of organisations across all sectors of education and training in the EU member and EFTA states (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland). Any public or private organisation actively involved in these areas can now apply for funding. That means if you are a teacher in a private school - as long as your school applies, so can you!
Only organisations such as your school, college, university can apply for funding.
Grants for individuals still exist, but individuals themselves are not able to apply.
You need to speak to your school / institution NOW to ask them to support your funding application!
When is the deadline?
The deadline for submitting your completed application is 2 February, 2016 12:00 Brussels time.
We recommend you start the process of application with your school and apply for your Pilgrims course as soon as you have spoken to your school – contact email@example.com after you are sure your school is prepared to support your application.
You can apply for your course now, we will hold your place on the course until you have confirmed your funding application has been successful.
What to do next
- Read the Erasmus+ information at the links we have given you below and arrange a meeting with the person responsible in your school, university, college or organisation - we recommend you arrange this now!
- Your school / organisation will need to submit a plan for one or two years, in line with the EU 2020 Education, Training, Youth and Sport Proposal requesting a number of grants for their staff to attend training courses at Pilgrims.
- Your school will need to register with the European Commission’s Participant Portal and get a PIC number – here is the link to find out how:
- If this funding is awarded, you and your school / organisation can then choose which Pilgrims course you would like to participate in.
- Pilgrims Courses are listed in the ERASMUS+ School Educaton Gateway Catalogue. You can choose any Pilgrims Teacher Training Course – to see our 2016courses and dates click here
Forms are available on the Erasmus+ web site, to help you prepare, you can look at examples of them by clicking here
Pilgrims PIC No. is – 947198502
Please check the Pilgrims courses at Pilgrims website.