To allow you to choose how to view the articles, we have prepared them in two formats.
The first format allows you to view the articles online as web pages. The second format (rich text format) allows you to download and
save the articles to your computer and then view them with your own word processor.
1. Ethics in Teaching: Should We Do More?
Kristina Mullamaa, Estonia
2. Forget About the ‘Istic’ - Are You a Human Language Teacher?
Paul Bress, UK
3. Teaching the Little Ones … and How We Understand Each Other
Michael Hevesi, Hungary
4. To Prepare – or not to Prepare
Karl Frank, Germany
5. How Real is the Language in Grammar Tests?
Ilana Salem, Israel
6. Elearning 2.0 Applied to the Language Learning Market
Patricia Sierra, Spain
7. A Guide to Distance English Language Teaching Programmes
Brian Winn-Smith, UK
8. What Have We Learned about Teaching Culture in ELT?: Barry Tomalin Reflects on His Month as a Guest Blogger on the British Council BBC TeachingEnglish Website
submitted by British Council Teaching English Team
9. The Analysis of “Critical Incidents” as a Way to Enhance Intercultural Competence
Grazyna Kilianska-Przybylo, Poland
10. Cultural Differences: England vs. Italy
Danny Singh, UK
11. Teacher Training in a Tiny Nepalese Village
Sezgi Yalin, Cyprus
12. Off the Beaten Path: Synectic
Hall Houston, Taiwan
13. Heart of the Matter: On the Shoulders of Giants
Lou Spaventa, US