What Chinese Students Expect
found on-line by Mario Rinvolucri, UK
- I want to meet a kind, warm-hearted and inspiring teacher.
- I want well-prepared and well-organized class.
- I hope the teacher can help enhance my interest towards English learning through
vivid methods, such as games, songs, short plays, stories, etc.
- I want to experience the native like class.
- I hope the teacher can correct my pronunciation.
- I hope the teacher will show me the way a foreigner thinks.
- I want to know something about western culture.
- I hope the teacher will not use complicated words and sentences that prevent me
- I hope the teacher will not speak too fast.
- I don't want the teacher to encourage "free" discussion a lot. In that situation only
students with better capability talk, which will reduce the chances for shy
students. If I am a shy student, I want the teacher to give me some "push".
- I want to learn "real" English with slang and idioms.
- I hope the teacher will not follow the textbook rigidly. Better bring something of
life and culture into the class.
- I hope the teacher will give me correction and evaluation as well as
- I want to know the kind of English that is not used to pass exams.
- I think systematic teaching in a free-chatting way for the students to learn the
spirit of the language is the perfect.
Please check the How the Motivate your Students course at Pilgrims website.
Please check the Building Positive Group Dynamics course at Pilgrims website.
Please check the How to be a Teacher Trainer course at Pilgrims website.