Mario Rinvolucri, UK
Mario Rinvolucri teacher, teacher trainer and author. He has worked for Pilgrims for 32 years and used to edit Humanising Language Teaching. Regularly contributes to The Teacher Trainer. His books include: Creative Writing, with Christine Frank, Helbling, Multiple Intelligences in EFL, with Herbert Puchta, Helbling, Unlocking Self-Expression through NLP, with Judy Baker, Delta Books, New edition of Vocabulary, with John Morgan, OUP, Humanising your Coursebook, Delta Books, Using the Mother Tongue, with Sheelagh Deller, Delta Books, Ways of Doing, with Paul Davis and Barbara Garside, CUP, Imagine That with Herbert Puchta and Jane Arnold, Helbing, Creative Writing with Christine Frank, Helbing. Mario's first CDrom for students, Mindgame, was written with Isobel Fletcher de Tellez, and engineered and published by Clarity, Hongkong in 2000 . E-mail: email@example.com
Text (adapted) taken from A.R. Orage On Love and Psychological Exercises, P 48. This book first appeared in 1934.
What follows are instructions to give to upper intermediate and advanced students as part of a creative writing course:
- Compile as long a list as you can of emotions eg: fear, reverence, anger, joy, jealousy, surprise, alarm, anxiety etc...
- Strike out from the foregoing list all the emotions you do not remember having experienced.
- Make notes on when and in what circumstances you experienced each of the rest.
- To what degree would you judge you experienced each. ( 3 for the most vivid, then 2 then 1)
- What sensory associations do you have with each of these emotions? Pictures, sounds, bodily feelings, smells, tastes etc….? Please jot these down.
- Select those emotions you would like to experience again and tick them.
- Choose one of the emotions you felt good experiencing and write three paragraphs about it.
Please check the Creative Writing course at Pilgrims website.
Please check the Creative Methodology for the Classroom course at Pilgrims website.